Sunday 17 August 2014

Sweet Corn Curry


Have you ever been confused whether it's a Saturday or a Sunday over an extended weekend? It happened to me today. Throughout the day I kept thinking that it was a Saturday and was relaxed until an hour ago when I suddenly realized that today in fact is a Sunday. This made me all jumpy because I was so late in going about preparing my post for today's recipe as I am supposed to post one with sweet corn every Sunday of this month, sweet corn being the ingredient of the month on my blog.

This sudden realisation made me so anxious that I just could not decide what I wanted to post today. I kept oscillating between a soup and a curry. And there was nobody at home to choose one of the two fingers and help me decide. I mean where is everyone when you need them? Isn't that just the way it is always? So I decided to help myself. I wrote soup on one piece of paper and curry on another and picked one. The decision had been made. I was going to make a soup. And I thought, "Oh, to hell with it! I am going to make a curry." See. So easy to decide.


I am so happy I decided to make this curry. It turned out absolutely yum and took me over all just 15 minutes to dish it out. I couldn't keep myself from sneaking a taste in between clicking pictures, to which I am strongly opposed. I am so excited to have dinner tonight and it's already over 8 p.m. So I'll stop talking now and post this recipe. Hopefully it reaches you in time for your dinner too. 

Happy eating!


Ingredients:

Fresh Sweet Corn kernels- 1 cup
Finely chopped onion- 1/4 cup
Crushed garlic- 2 cloves
Pureed tomatoes- 1/3 cup
Tomato ketchup- 4-5 tbsp
Fresh Cream- 1/3 cup
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala powder- 1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Recipe:

Heat oil in a pan.

Add onions and garlic. Saute till translucent.

Add tomato puree. Let cook on low flame until raw smell of tomatoes disappears.

Add tomato ketchup and powdered spices. Fry for a minute.

Add fresh cream. Stir well to mix. Adjust thickness of gravy by adding some water if required.

When gravy starts to boil, add sweet corn and salt.

Mix well.

Serve warm with chapatis and rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment